In order for Cloud 9 Business Apps to be able to set up some of your services, we will need to be able to manage certain technical settings for your domain. The permissions we will need, at a minimum, is all “Advanced DNS” permission. This video assumes that your domain is registered with Namecheap or that you are willing to transfer it there. This is a good idea, not only because they are inexpensive but also they have great customer service and allow you to retain ownership but grant only certain permissions to domain managers (us).
To facilitate this, please follow the following steps:
- Transfer or purchase your domain with Namecheap (https://www.namecheap.com/)
- After logging into your account, go to your dashboard using the link under your profile in the upper left corner of the screen
- Click on the “Domain List”
- Next to the domain name in question, and to the far right, click on the “Manage” link
- Then click on the “Sharing and Transfer” tab at the top of the page
- Under the “Share Access” and “New Manager” section of the page, enter the email address email@example.com and select “Add”
- On the next page, you will be prompted to give “Permissions” to the user/manager selected above. Although you can grant us full permissions to manage the name for you, you can also only select “Give Manager Some Permissions” and then select “Advanced DNS”.
This will allow us to make the necessary changes to enable your new services but will provide us with only limited access to the control of your domain name.